Over a 10,000 fans filled up the mall of Taman Anggrek to witness the MSC 5 Nations Grand Finals of the Mobile Legends Southeast Asia Cup. Fans gathered at the mall from as early as 9am to get the best views for the game; the event was to start only at 1pm.
In the opening ceremony, fans were treated to live performances from JKT48, a well-known pop group in Indonesia. Live stream of the event was also available via Moonton’s official partner, Bigo Live.
Click here to read about the opening ceremony and view the gallery
THE MATCH UPS
Match 1 – Salty Salad (PH) vs Team Saiyan (MSIA)
Results: Salty Salad (2) – Team Saiyan – (0)
- Salty Salad was ready for Team Saiyan’s pocket pick of Natalia by twice picking Rafaela as a counter. It proved to be extremely effective, securing a 2-0 win for Salty Salad.
Match 2 – Solid Gaming (PH) vs MYA (MSIA)
Results: Solid Gaming (2) – MYA (1)
- Solid Gaming came into Game 1 with clear strategies, picking heroes like Harley and Raf for their speedy roam potential and was able to capture objectives with speed. Despite kill scores remaining relatively close, Solid gaming managed to take Game 1 by pushing in as a team together with a Lord.
- Solid Gaming came rushing out of the gates in Game 2, quickly securing turrets with Fanny. However, it was MYA’s marksmen Miya that managed to secure kills over opponent’s Aurora and Saber in crucial team fights, successfully prolonging the game.
- Even with a kill score lead of 11-3, MYA was still down 7k gold. In the penultimate team fight, Solid Gaming’s Aurora was caught off guard by MYA’s Zilong, and the former lost the kill for the Lord. Capitalising on the lord kill‘s momentum, MYA gathered for a mid lane push, effectively securing the game with Miya getting a ‘SAVAGE’ (killing all 5 of opponent heroes).
- For the third match, MYA chose to pick up Karrie instead of Miya who carried them in Game 2. It proved to be a fatal mistake, as Karrie was unable to dish out any kind of damage throughout the game. Solid Gaming eventually came up on top as they took Game 3, ending the series with a 2-1 win.
Match 3 – IDNS (Thai) vs Elite8 Esports (Indo)
Results: IDNS (I Do Not Sleep) (2) – Elite 8 Esports (0)
- IDNS’s strategy was apparent from the get go, picking heroes combination Franco, Karina and Harley. Their intention was to burst down members of the opponent team within the shortest time possible. Franco nailed several key hooks to snowball the game in IDNS favour. Proving to be an effective play, IDNS was able to take Game 1.
- IDNS continued the unique strategy displays as they drafted SUN (a hero who is not commonly picked in a Mobile Legends competition). Together with a strong combo of Alice & Gatokaca, they dominated Game 2 and took the series 2-0.
Match 4 – Impunity (SG) vs Saints Indo (Indo)
Results: Impunity (2) – Saints Indo (0)
- Impunity was drawn against crowd’s favourites, Saints Indo. Facing the very same crowd, IMP showed no signs of nerves as they perfected their signature ‘Gatokaca & Alice’ heroes combo. Their well-timed gameplay and skills left Saints Indo with no chance of fighting back. IMP took Game 1 in just 8 minutes.
- Game 2 saw Saint Indo deciding to ban Alice and securing their Chou pick. Saint started off well, picking off IMP’s Aurora a couple of times. But IMP‘s strength in team fights proved unmatched as they continue to find the picks they needed to secure Game 2 and the series with a 2-0 win.
Want to talk more about the MSC Mobile Legends event? Take the conversation to our Discord channel.