Update: This article was published on August 30. We’re bumping this to today while also adding in updates.
GameStart 2017 is coming back bigger, better, and sporting a cyberpunk theme this October 14 and 15.
Here’s an at-a-glance list of what’s happening at the fourth edition of Southeast Asia’s Premier Game Convention.
- South East Asia Major (SEAM) 2017 returns, featuring tournaments for Tekken 7, Street Fighter V, and Windjammers.
- Legion Singapore League: In partnership with Garena and Legion by Lenovo, GameStart 2017 will be hosting the Legion Singapore League on the main stage. Cash prizes are worth up to SG$2,000! Sign up here.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battleground tournament. The qualifiers are on October 6 and 7, with the finals taking place on October 15 on-stage starting from 11am.
- It’s Augmented Reality galore for visitors, with NexRealm bringing HADO, the first esports based on wearable devices and the world’s first augmented reality techno sports, to the convention.
- A Gamestart Tabletop Area, where visitors can watch or play tabletop games like Magic: The Gathering.
- Doujin Market, Singapore’s largest community-curated youth arts and illustration fair, returns with double the number of artist tables from last year.
- Founders Base makes a return as well, featuring the hottest indie games this year.
- For businesses interested in going into esports, there is the SEA Summit, which aims to facilitate entry into the SEA industry, as well as provide networking and collaborative opportunities. Register here.
Need more juicy details? Read all about GameStart 2017’s upcoming events here. We will also be updating this news piece with new information about GameStart in the coming week. You can also discuss the event on our Discord page.
Top image credit: Gamestart Asia
Love our articles? Want to talk about it? Come on over our community page today!