A while ago, games intelligence site Newzoo released some interesting numbers about the state of gaming and esports. The problem? It was missing Southeast Asian numbers and was more focused on the North American and European market.
SPOUT 360 reached out to the group and it has exclusively sent us esports and gaming numbers and statistics for the following SEA countries: Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, The Philippines, and Taiwan.
Here are the takeaways from the stats:
- 6 percent of the esports audience in the SEA region watches Vainglory.
- 11 percent of esports viewers watch all three top franchises: League of Legends, DOTA 2, and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive.
- 33 percent of esports viewers only watch League of Legends. 16 percent and 8 percent of esports viewers only watch Dota 2 and CS:GO respectively.
- 39 percent of these viewers do not play any of these top esports titles.
- 41 percent of SEA’s gaming population play and view these games.
Long story short, less than half of SEA play and watch DOTA 2, LoL, and Counter-Strike: GO. Also, there’s a tiny Vainglory community watching the esport game. Check out the infographic below:
Love our articles? Want to talk about it? Come on over our community page today!