The new Heroes of the Storm patch will be available tomorrow on September 5, bringing the Commander of Naxxramas, Kel’Thuzad along for the ride. SPOUT 360 talked about the undead lichlord previously; here’s a recap:
“The Betrayer of All Humanity, Archlich of Naxxramas, Summoner of Archimonde The Defiler, Commander of the Dread Necropolis, Lichlord of the Plaguelands, Master and Founder of the Cult of the Damned, Hearthstone Enthusia – ahem, Kel’Thuzad, is coming to HOTS as a playable hero. The iconic Warcraft villain is a burst damage, combo-focused mage with a variety of roots and slows at his disposal.”
There will also be an event to celebrate the launch of WarCraft’s infamous lich, allowing players to earn some sweet portraits to show their allegiance to the scourge.
New Special Event: Obey the Call
- Slay heroes in Kel’Thuzad’s name to earn in-game rewards before the event concludes on September 25, 2017.
- Each quest in this four-part chain must be completed in order, and only one quest will be active at any given time.
- Games played in Versus A.I., Quick Match, Unranked, and Ranked modes all count toward quest progress.
- Games played during the Acolyte, Necromancer, and Lich Lord quests must be won in order to earn takedown credit.
Quests and Rewards
- Ghoul: Play a game with Kel’Thuzad present on either team.
- Reward: Ghoul Portrait
- Acolyte: Achieve 30 takedowns in winning games.
- Reward: Acolyte Portrait
- Necromancer: Achieve 60 takedowns in winning games.
- Rewards: Necromancer Portrait and Necromancer’s Blight Spray
- The Lich Lord: Achieve 90 takedowns in winning games.
- Rewards: Kel’Thuzad Portrait and Naxxramas Warcrest Banner
New Season 3 Goodies!
The new ranked season also begins after the patch goes live. Season 3 brings along with it new portraits for both Hero and Team League…
As well as an awesome new mount for players that place in platinum or higher in Hero League or bronze or higher in Team League…
Ranked rewards for Season 2 will also be handed out when the patch goes live.
New Hero Changes
The patch also brings changes to Chromie, Jaina, Lt. Morales, and Leoric. Of particular note are the Lt. Morales changes, which have removed her mana costs entirely and replaced the cost of her healing beam with an energy recharge system – allowing the combat medic to stay out on the field essentially forever.