Evelynn, Agony’s Embrace, is getting a full rework in League of Legends Patch 7.20. That means new abilities, a new voiceover, and a visual rework, complete with new splash arts. But beneath all the changes, she’s the same sneaky femme fatale she’s always been.
Here are her stats:
- Base HP: 572
- HP Growth: 84
- Base HP Regen: 1.7
- HP Regen Growth: 0.15
- Base Armor: 28
- Armor Growth: 3.5
- MR: 32
- Base Movement Speed: 335
- Range: 125
- Base AD: 61
- Attack Damage Growth: 3
- Attack Speed: .667
And she has new abilities to boot. Check this out:
Demon Shade (Passive):
- After not attacking, casting spells, or taking damage for 4 seconds, Evelynn enshrouds herself in her Demon Shade. Demon Shade grants Camouflage after level 6. While enshrouded and below [250-590 (scaling with level) + 250% AP] health, Evelynn recovers 15-50 health per second.
Hate Spike (Q):
- Mana cost: 55/60/65/70/75
- Cooldown: 8 seconds
- Evelynn’s Lasher strikes in the target direction, dealing 25/30/35/40/45 (+30% AP) magic damage to the first unit hit and causing Evelynn’s next 3 spells or attacks on that unit deal 10/20/30/40/50 (+25% AP) bonus magic damage. Then, Evelynn can recast this ability up to 3 times.
- Recast: Fires spikes through the nearest enemy, dealing 25/30/35/40/45 (+30% AP) magic damage to all units hit.
- Refunds 60% of Hate Spike’s cooldown if the Lasher hits a monster. Hate Spike prioritizes the target Evelynn is attacking.
Lust Dust (W):
- Mana cost: 60/70/80/90/100
- Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds
- Curses target champion or monster for 5 seconds. If Evelynn hits the target with a basic attack or ability, she will expunge the Curse, refund its mana cost, and briefly slow the target by 65%. Casting Allure does not remove Evelynn from Demon Shade.
- If the Curse lasts at least 2.5 seconds, expunging it Charms the target for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2. second(s) and:
- Against champions: shreds Magic Resist by 25/27.5/30/32.5/35% for 4 seconds.
- Against monsters: deals 250/300/350/400/450 (+60% AP) magic damage. Charm duration increased by 2 seconds.
- Mana cost: 40/45/50/55/60
- Cooldown: 8 seconds
- Whip target with Lashers, applying on hit effects and dealing magic damage equal to 30/45/60/75/90 plus 4% (+3% AP) of their max health. Then, gain 30% movement speed for 2 seconds.
- Entering Demon Shade resets Whiplash’s cooldown and empowers it. When empowered, Whiplash pulls Evelynn to her target, dealing magic damage to them and enemies in the way equal to 60/80/100/120/140 plus 6% (+4% AP) of their max health.
- 140/110/80 sec Cooldown
- Cost: 100 Mana
- Evelynn unleashes her demonic energy, becoming untargetable and decimating enemies in front of her. She then warps backwards. Deals 150/275/400 (+75% AP) magic damage, increased to 300/550/800 (+150% AP) to enemies below 30% health.
Our Initial Thoughts
This is a huge deviation from Evelynn’s previous playstyle, which was to abuse her passive camouflage in the early game in order to catch enemies off guard. With the lack of reliable hard crowd-control in her kit, as her charm takes a long time before it can be used, Evelynn would probably not be an effective ganker pre-level 6.
Post level 6 however, she becomes a terrifying counter-jungler. With her newly gained passive camouflage, she can stalk the enemy jungler in his own jungle, waiting for the opportunity to strike. Her ultimate, Widowmaker also provides her with the slipperiness needed to evade capture by the enemy team, allowing her to escape into the shadows after giving the enemy jungler agony’s embrace.
This means that her early game playstyle will mostly be hard-farming the jungle, maybe ganking for laners with their own hard crowd-control. With her passive regen and her percentage HP damage, she can power farm her jungle without having to return to base too much. Evelynn should also look for opportunities to steal camps from the enemy jungle should the enemy jungler show up elsewhere on the map.
Her new splash arts are also really cool, but sometimes what’s on the art isn’t necessarily what’s in the game, as Scarra found out.
You can check out her reworked skins below: