Riot Games just announced a new update for its hit MOBA League Of Legends. As we approach Worlds (THE biggest LOL tournament this year), the usual fine tuning of certain champions is coming through. Besides the usual tweaking, we see a large focus on the mid lane for patch 7.16.
Let’s delve deeper into these new changes.
Fiora: Has her passive movement speed from Duelists Dance (Passive) increased at later levels
Sion: Soul Furnace (W) grants more health for killing small units. Unstoppable Onslaughts (R) maximum damage increased.
Vi: Assault and Battery (R) cooldown reduced. Excessive Force (E) can no longer be cancelled.
- I don’t expect these changes to be substantial enough to bring these champions back into the competitive meta. Vi and Fiora will become stronger in Solo Queue however.
Caitlyn: Piltover Peacemaker (Q) does reduced damage to enemies beyond the first, Yordle Snap Trap (W) damage reduced
Maokai: Sapling Toss (E) damage down at lower ranks.
- These nerfs hit both Caitlyn and Maokai’s kit at the correct places and should do well to bring them more in line. Both Champions should still be relevant in the competitive meta and solo queue.
On-Hit Interaction With Wards
Auto-attacks on wards no longer expand on-hit spell charges such as Aatrox’s Blood Thirst/ Blood Price.
Mid Lane Tuning
Cassiopeia, changed: Some of her early power in Twin Fangs (E) is reduced in exchange for better scaling later and better mana growth
Corki, nerfed: Base attack damage reduced
Fizz, buffed: Playful/ Trickster (E) cooldown reduced
Galio, nerfed: Heroic Entrance (R) cooldown increased at early levels and damage reduction reduced at later levels
LeBlanc, nerfed: Shatter Orb (Q) damage against minions reduced
Orianna, nerfed: Command: Dissonance (W) damage decreased and Command: Protect (E) shielding decreased
Syndra, nerfed: Dark Sphere (Q) AP ratio reduced while Scatter the Weak (E) AP ratio increased. Still an overall nerf as Dark Sphere is Syndra’s primary damage spell
Taliyah nerfed: Threaded Volley (Q) mana cost increased
- Cassiopeia and Taliyah have their early games nerfed which were a little too strong so these changes shouldn’t hit them too hard.
- Syndra has her scaling nerfed which focuses her more on early game.
- Orianna, Galio and Corki have been flat nerfed which should hit these champions pretty hard and should lower their priority.
- LeBlanc is hit once again with nerfs and should be picked even more infrequently in competitive barring play from LeBlanc mains.
- Fizz early buffs benefit his laning and with nerfs to lane dominant Mids, he might come back into play.
Check out Riot’s full patch notes here.