The developers of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds today announced details of its upcoming patches, together with its first-ever offline tournament. Survival shooter fans, you might want to read the next few lines.
Weekly Patch Fixes More Door-Sticking Bugs
As with most weekly patches, this week’s focuses on fixing bugs in the game. Here is the full list of changes.
- Fixed a bug where characters got stuck in doors after partially destroying them.
- Fixed a bug causing the door Interaction UI to appear even after doors were completely destroyed.
- You can now use consumables while browsing the inventory during a reload.
- Fixed a bug where characters could not pick up items while running despite seeing the looting animation.
- Fixed a bug where characters would shake in spectator mode while running.
Next Month’s Patch To Feature FPS Mode
The August 3 monthly patch will include the following:
- First-person only mode (NA and EU for Solo and Duo only).
- FOV slider for first-person view.
- A new rifle.
The monthly patch will also contain three new crates, which can be redeemed using battle points earned from playing. Here is a preview of the items in each crate.
Gamescom Invitational Crate
Gamescom PUBG Invitational Tournament – First Of Its Kind!
The game’s first offline tournament is set to take place from August 22 to 26 in Germany. This tournament will feature some of the game’s best content creators and attendees, as well as a US$350,000 prize pool which is funded through the Gamescom Invitational Crate. If you want to check it out online, you can catch it on the official PUBG channels like this one.