On October 9th, the long-awaited Epic Quest update for Clash Royale went live. Here’s a summary of the major updates.
New Game Mode
Touchdown Mode: A sporty new mode with no towers where ANY units that make it across the line gets 1 crown. This mode features two challenges, There are 2 challenges for this mode, a 2v2 Touchdown Challenge where you can team up with your friends (finally), and the 2v2 Touchdown Daily Practice mode that resets its rewards every day, so that you can reclaim it over and over.
Gold Rush: The objective of this mode is to get Gold by destroying enemies’ tower. You get a 100 gold for destroying the first tower, 200 gold for the second, and 300 for the King’s Tower. This mode comes with a cap that lasts for a few days.
Gem Rush: Same as Gold Rush, but the number of gems is not released yet.
Mirror Battles: Both players have the same deck with the exact same card rotation.
Replacing the Free Chests system, the daily and weekly quests let you earn Quest Points that accumulate towards the chest that it’s currently unlocking. This system promotes Ladder Play as most of the quests found are only doable in 1v1 battles. Quests are replaceable only once per day.
Also, in-game Achievements are removed from the game.
New Quality of Life Improvements
- You can now share and copy decks from outside the game.
- The Shop has been revamped. Now, cards are sold in bundles, and there are 6 featured cards on sale every single day. There is also a free Epic Card every Sunday.
- Scammers that host tournaments will not get their Gems refunded now if no players join or battle.
- You can now Rematch with the random stranger you pair up in 2v2 battle and there are new after-match chat bubbles.
New Balance Changes
These new changes did not get much attention due to the rest of the stuff going on, but it’s important to note what are the buffs and nerfs this time around.
- Sparky: Hit speed to 4sec (from 5sec), damage -15%
- Tesla: Damage +41%, hit speed to 1sec (from 0.8sec)
- Electro Wizard: Damage -4%, first attack comes 0.2sec slower
- Graveyard: Duration to 10sec (from 9sec), radius to 4 (from 5), first Skeleton spawns 0.5sec slower, Skeletons spawn less randomly
- Cannon Cart: Hitpoints +5%, shield hitpoints +5%
- Lightning: Damage -3%, radius to 3 (from 3.5)
- Spear Goblins: Hit speed to 1.1sec (from 1.3sec)
- Valkyrie: Damage +5%
- Bandit, Mega Knight – FIXED: Bandit and Mega Knight dashing/jumping a shorter distance than they should.
- Cannon Cart – FIXED: Troops occasionally stopped targeting the Cannon Cart and very occasionally get stuck behind a broken Cannon Cart.
- Inferno Dragon, Inferno Tower – FIXED: Damage not resetting after breaking through a shield (e.g. Guards, Dark Prince, Cannon Cart). (removed)
- Troop Pathfinding – FIXED: Troops steering towards an unexpected lane. Behaviour should be more as expected now.
*There is a bug with the screen aspect ratio for S8+ and Note 8 devices, causing the game to overstretch beyond the edge screen. Supercell is working on it and a fix is expected to roll out within the next few days.
Let us know how you’re finding the biggest update to Clash Royale so far. Join the discussion on Discord!